Sunday, June 24, 2012

Getting Involved

One of my goals this year was to "get more involved" in groups and events that will a) provide resources to help me hone my craft, b) provide exposure for my business, and most importantly c) make some new friends.  I'm happy to say that I am meeting that goal.  I've met so many great people through online forums and I'm participating in some fun events.  I'm very excited about two upcoming events and wanted to share with you all. 

Bead Soup Blog Party
The first is Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Blog Party (BSBP).  Lori has been running this event for several years now and it is the creme de la creme of blog hops.  The 6th BSBP is just kicking off and I'm excited to be on the roster.  I've been assigned my swap partner, Dawn Pierro of Turtle Moon Designs.  We will send each other a "soup" of beads and then make something with the soup we receive.  On the appointed day, we will post our creations and then hop from blog to blog looking at all the beautiful creations. 

Silent Auction DonationThe second event I'm participating in is a silent auction.  I've donated a necklace and $20 gift certificate to the Leilani Farm Sanctuary Silent Auction to be held on July 3rd. 

You may wonder how I came to be involved in an animal sanctuary in Hawaii.  The story goes back almost 20 years when a delightful young woman, Sarah Kenefick (now Sarah Taylor), worked for me.  Sarah has since gone on to marry and build a career as a motivational speaker, published writer (Vegan in 30 Days), and educator.  I feel a little bit like a proud mom every time I read about one of her successes.  Sarah has always been an animal lover so it was no surprise when I read that she was involved in the Leilani Farm Sanctuary.  She recently posted on Facebook asking for donations for the silent auction; I was more than happy to support this endeavor and my old friend. 


I'm happy to be meeting my goal but even more so because of these great events and the people involved.  Oh, and as far as new friends?  I can't begin to name all the new friends I've made this year.  Keri, Carolyn, Diana, Linda, Lori, the list goes on and on and I treasure every one of them.

You can visit the following web sites for more information about the events:

Bead Soup Blog Party
Leilani Farm Sanctuary
Sarah Kenefick Taylor

3 comments:

  1. I'm happy to be partnered with you for the BSBP!!
    Your designs are great. I'm getting goodies ready for you and will send them soon as I get your address. I'll be away the first week of July so i need to get cracking. I look forward to seeing what you send and making something memorable with it all. Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn!! I just sent you an email with my address. I love your stuff too and am still thinking about what I want to send. Can't wait to see the soup you send my way. I'm sure our two creations will be the best of the blog hop. HA!

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing your BSBP creations. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my BSBP post. I really appreciate the kind words.

    ReplyDelete