Monday, July 9, 2012

Don't Settle

Do you ever feel like you've "settled" for something less than you deserved?  A job.  A spouse.  A car.  A best friend.  A vacation get away.  Anything really.

Every now and then, I stop and evaluate where I am in life and overall, I have nothing to complain about.  There are a couple of areas where I feel I've "settled" rather than holding out for what I deserve.  I prefer to focus on what's good about my life but there are lessons to be learned from settling. 

I'm in one of those reflective moods lately.  I think it's good to reflect once in awhile and take stock of successes, failures, and where I am settling for something less.  Where I am successful, I want to keep on that same path.  Where I have failed, I want to learn from that situation to help me in the future.  Where I am settling, I have to decide if I'm OK with that or if I want to make changes to correct the situation.  It's not an easy thing to do.  It is a necessary thing to do.

How about you?  Are you "settling" for things in your life?

2 comments:

  1. Great thought provoking post Cheryl.. I am not sure I have "settled" for anything in particular but I know that I have had that "hmm should I have started down this path" feeling.... LOL And I love the fact that we can always alter our course simply by doing a check of where we are vs where we feel we are supposed to be, called to be or wished we were.....

    Thanks for hopping by my blog! You did REALLY WELL with the "special code words ;) "

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, just wanted to say thanks so much for your lovely comment on my Bead Soup reveal; I really do appreciate it! And, as I come by, I realize you live in my favorite city...Raleigh. What a small world! I am there frequently as I have many friends in the area, and am a volunteer coordinator for the National Inclusion Project which is headquartered there. Beautiful area!

    ReplyDelete