One way around this dilemma was to host my own craft fair at home. I hosted one last November and it was a huge success. I will be hosting another one on May 5th and hoping that it is even better than the first one.
|Get Your Bead On Display at the November Craft Fair|
If you are thinking about hosting a similar event, here are a few tips:
- Invite crafters who make high quality items
- Don't have more than two people selling the same thing (jewelry, soaps, art, etc.)
- Have a good variety of vendors
- Make sure the vendors are spaced far enough apart to allow traffic to flow
- In lieu of a booth fee, ask each vendor to contribute a small item to be used as a door prize
- Offer drinks and light snacks at your event (you might ask your vendors to help with this)
If you've hosted a similar type event, I would love to hear about your experience and any additional tips you might want to offer.